The meals I received since being released from the hospital were
fantastic, and I am feeling much better! I truly believe that
the nutritious meals helped with my recovery.
Thank you! - Elizabeth, PASST Client
Nationally, one in every five adults over the age of 65 discharged from a hospital stay is readmitted within 30 days, while one in three is readmitted in 90 days. The "PASST" program can help you get back on your feet after you have been in the hospital or a rehabilitation center and reduce the likelihood that you will be readmitted within 30 days.
If you are 60 years or older, LifePath can provide you with vital nutrition, transportation services, and a daily wellness check, which has been shown to improve healing time and reduce hospital readmissions. For a period of 2 - 8 weeks following hospital and other inpatient discharge, you can receive two complete, nutritionally balanced meals each day. Because this is a stressful time for an elderly spouse or caregiver, the program will also provide two meals daily to your partner/caregiver if he/she is also over 60. This program also ensures a daily face-to-face visit (the person who will bring your food) by a trained individual who will look for signs of deterioration; and in emergency situations or at signs of decline, he/she can contact a credentialed MSW and additional support services as needed.
If you need assistance for follow up doctor visits we can also provide you with curb to curb transportation services to medical appointments.
Through the PASST Program, qualified adults age 60 an older will receive:
- Vital Nutrition
- Two meals a day for a minimum of two weeks to an older adult who was released from a hospital or other inpatient program. Each of our meals is freshly prepared daily, is low in sodium, and provides one-third of the daily required dietary allowances. A healthy diet helps strengthen the immune system, shorten hospital stays, and prevent or delay chronic diseases.
*Elderly caregivers may also be eligible to receive meals for up to two weeks.
- Transportation Services
- Rides to and from medical appointments and pharmacy visits.
- Personalized Case Assistance
- LifePath’s professional staff, including LMSW staff members, will meet with you and your caregivers (if applicable) to find out what you need, establish some goals for a speedy recovery, and identify available resources to help you get back on your feet.
For more information about the program, please contact Gretchen Moore Simmons at:
(518) 465-3322 ext. 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org