LifePath’s Meals on Wheels (MOW) program provides you or your loved one with a nutritious and delicious home-cooked meal. It is delivered to your home hot and ready to eat, brought by one of our friendly and caring Meals on Wheels drivers. Statistics show that good nutrition is essential for healthy aging, the prevention or delay of chronic disease, and overall quality of life.
If cooking a nutritious meal has become difficult or maybe even impossible, let our friendly, professional and well-trained drivers deliver a hot and nutritious meal to your door.
Each day our dedicated staff arrive at our MOW kitchen in downtown Albany at 6 am to prepare more than 600 fresh meals. Hot meals are delivered every day Monday through Friday between 11:00 am and 12:30 p.m. with frozen weekend meals available upon request. We also offer a second “chilled meal” option which provides you with an additional “lighter” meal for consumption at a later time. Each meal includes three ounces of protein, a starch, milk, whole wheat bread, a serving of fruit and at least one serving of vegetables.
How to Enroll
Your Meals on Wheels service can be paid for in a variety of ways
- For only $36.00 a week you can start getting hot, delicious meals delivered to your home within 24 hours. Call (518) 465-3322 for more information.
- If you are unable to cook for yourself or if you lack refrigeration or food storage facilities, you may be eligible for funding through the Albany County Office for Aging. Call NY Connects at (518) 447-7177 for your assessment.
- Managed Long Term Care Insurance Carriers (Fidelis, VNSNY Choice, VNA Options (Nascentia) and Prime Health Choice) also provide funding for Meals on Wheels. Call your carrier today.
- Meals on Wheels can also be purchased in 10, 20 and 30 meal packages which make a great gift for a loved one. Call Barbara at (518) 465-3322 for more details.
- For individuals who are not eligible for funding from Albany County Department for Aging, and earn less than $20,000, there may be funding available from the LifePath Hunger Relief Fund which is supported by local companies and foundations. Call Barbara at (518) 465-3322 for more details.
Some Words From Our Clients
Laura loves all the food we serve and looks forward to her home-delivered meals every day. She especially loves the crunchy fish!
Gertie always calls to say how wonderful Meals on Wheels and LifePath are. She says that everyone is so caring and the service and everything about MOW is just amazing!
Meals on Wheels (518) 465-6465
Member: NYS Chapter Meals on Wheels